Monday, June 27

Everyday Christianity Part III

On ending I give you three things to SEEK FIRST, how to be an EVERYDAY CHRISTIAN:

1) ASKING (Matthew 6:11) – He teach us how to pray and Jesus say “Give us this day our daily bread”
Jesus is really serious about this everyday issue. He wants this everyday.

How to make God my daily top priority? Ask God for help during your day. I am talking about people who want to make a difference. I share with you my vision; my vision is to see 800 youths from all over Singapore worshipping God in ten years, and that’s where our faith going to bring us.

But sometimes the flesh will reply “tomorrow” I have work today! I’ll pray tomorrow, tomorrow I’ll have my prayer time. In ten years, we will have our vision. I’ll pray tomorrow. This is Christianity procrastinating.

But if you really want to make a difference, what did I share in the introduction?

You got to find meaning in the routine exercises of daily life. During the day, ask God to help you! How do I do that ian? I give you an example. “Hey God, could you help me right now?” I go to work with that, everyday with that. God I need you right now as I am waiting for the bus. Have conversation with Him. He listens. Ask God for help daily.

God don’t really mind you talking to Him agitated as well. Like me with me mom I say, “God, I need grace right now!” and God probably to deal with me, “Son, shut up and calm down, I’ll give you your grace” Asking of Him during the day.

2) Thinking about God in His word and talk about Him (Matthew 6:33) Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

Just think about Him, think! What values you have learnt about Jesus from the word, think about it, think about Him. Let’s think about Him for 20 seconds … That is going to help you to be an everyday Christian.

What else going to help you? Hebrews 10:24

24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (Daily)

You know what the word is trying to say? If you see a fellow Christian brother or sister, talk to him or her. Or talk to God about him or her, it is fine. Instead of talking about Aloysius who is sitting three rows away from you who is a HOTTIE, talk about God! Think and talk about God daily.

3) Casting our Cares (1 Peter 5:7) 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Same word here, Maremna. Casting meaning we need to give our cares, worries, distractions and issues to God the moment it comes to our mind. Asking God to take them daily.

One thing I learn from Ps Tiak is to “pray about everything” about everyday Christianity here.
I am not talking about preparing for a sermon or preparing to be worship leader then you pray. I am talking about an average 17 year old in this youth ministry, how am I going to be an everyday Christian? When you start getting worried about things, say “God I need you help right now, cos I am really worried and I am concern about some things in my life, will you help me?” And He will help.

I am going to conclude. Have you have you ever have that thought when you sit on the bus, or in the corner of the room, our during camp or right now in this conference,

“I really want to be a Christian”
“I want to be an everyday Christian for you God” Have you ever thought about that?
“I just want to be a Brightonyouth Christian”
“I just want to be a Christian everyday”

You can...


Luke 9
23Then he (Jesus) said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.




[End]


No comments: