Tuesday, February 21

the killing spree on Counter Strike

what fascination i have found within the hype of Counter-Strike [Source] the past few weeks. I cannot say i am hooked on it because it is something i can do without and I have absolute control over. Getting frustrated and angry over computer generated personalities is just too overwhelming and unnecessary for me. But besides me, what causes everyone around me to be hooked on this world winning game? Why is it addictive to younger people of today? How is it that alluring of young minds?

1) Ownership of something they can control
2) Freedom to choose to be bad or good
3) A buffet of guns to choose from executing others
4) Easy to remember mission: Plant bomb or kill others
5) Have all the money you want
6) Knowing all the best place to "camp" in order to be the highest fragger

Everything that is convenient for the player and all he or she needs to do is to master the skill of moving the character and the speed of putting the cursor on the enemy's temple for a head shot.

I have no qualms with it whatsoever just want to talk about it. That it is indeed interesting if we don't indulge too much in it. Otherwise we will get sucked in to a virtual world that does not belong us. The mundane world has already state their claims on people who does not know Him or reject Him. We can't have another world or for that matter a virtual world to take the innocence of young minds and have them believe that they can be heroes only in a machine generated by electricity.

Believers Are Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

If we are the light and salt of the earth, it means we are very important in this world that none of us are made to be useless and forgotten. Then we need to begin investigating our future in order to invest in it. What does a light do? It shines. What does a salt do? Be salty. We need to understand in our position what are we doing that can influence the flow of the world that surrounds us. We have a gift in all of us and in acknowledgement of Him, we need to explicit it. Paul told Timothy:

6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

If we convince ourselves that this gift that God has given can change the world and having the spirit of what is mentioned above, God will grant us success. God blesses us even in our success as well becuase He meant for our success as He will us to be the head and not the tail, the above and not beneath.

Rev Kong Hee said this before: When you do the things that you have a natural talent for and you are gifted in, you will stay excited, passionate and energetic. Even if it is hard work, you will enjoy it because it'll be like "play" to you. All successful people discover thier strength and distinctive, and spend their entire life practicing those skills, honing them and becoming excellent.

then he also mention that when you are focused, you won't do things outside the right timing. That we be concerned about the season and timing of the Lord for your life. You will not live an unbridled and reckless life.

So this message actually got to me that even having the gift is not enough, that we need to put it into a focus that will bring it into a succession kind of revelation. For me gaming is only a side hobby, if I ever want to play CS as a serious serious kind...give me a gun and I would want to shoot down evey bad habit of my life that hides in corners and gets me everytime unexpectedly. These are the bad guys (habits) that perhaps will put me to death first before becoming a man of character, leader of nations, preacher of seasons and a loving father to his wife and children. I need to know my position in His kingdom, my giftings and my focus. Then I will succeed in time. What I am today is only the tip of an iceberg, there is depths to explore and who I am today is really the grounding of truth that the bible speaks of on my life. He speaks about you too, give yourself a chance to listen.

Faithfulness is one value the men of this world lacks, but it is the cornerstone of his Character. Don't you think?

No comments: